Get creative with colourful and natural wool fibers
Felt workshops and fiber craft demonstrations by Laryna
I love fiber craft, and in particular I enjoy felt making! I like to share my skills and experience in fiber craft with anybody being interested. That’s why I run regular felt classes, and one-off felt workshops and show fiber craft on events and fairs, indoors and outdoors. Felt making is fun, relaxing, creative and confidence building, plus can give you extra assets for your work and home life.
Originally trained as a hand weaver and art therapist. I have 28 years of experience teaching individuals and groups of all ages and skill levels in fiber craft and art in workshops, classes, on craft fairs, in community gardens, at open days, at family days, birthday parties, holiday workshops, in home schooling, and in schools. If you want to invite me to run a workshop, or teach felt making or spinning, tailored to your and your groups needs, please get in touch. I am happy to discuss the requirements for one workshop or a series of sessions.
You can book my service for events indoors and outdoors. For details of regular workshops and one-off felt workshops in and around Glasgow and beyond, please see below or get in touch.
Fortnightly needle felt workshops on Wednesday morning 10-11.30am in Glasgow/Bishopbriggs: 12. & 26. July and 09. & 23. August 2017
Sessions can be booked separately. Children 7+ years are welcome during school holidays. Read more about these workshops.
Venue: 63 Crowhill Road, G64 1QY, Glasgow/Bishopbriggs
Create a seamless pouch – half day wet felt workshop on Saturday, 10. August 2017, 1.30-5.00pm
Read more about this great opportunity to learn how to create a seamless felt item. Venue: 63 Crowhill Road, G64 1QY, Glasgow/ Bishopbriggs
Needle felt workshop, Saturday, 22. July 2017, 2.00-5pm
Read more about this needle felt workshops. Venue: 63 Crowhill Road, G64 1QY, Glasgow/Bishopbriggs
Wet felt workshop for beginner, Saturday, 29. July 2017, 2.00-4.30pm
Read more about learning how to felt with sheep’s wool fibres. Venue: 63 Crowhill Road, G64 1QY, Glasgow/ Bishopbriggs
On Thursday nights the charity GalGael in Ibrox is open for people who would like to do wood craft and wool craft. We share company, skills, music and stories and have a meal by donation. I run monthly felt workshop in GalGael on a Thursday afternoon, 4.15- 5.45pm. The next date is Thursday, 10. August 2017 . Read more
Create a flower fairy – needle felt workshop on Tuesday evening, 01. August 2017, 6.45pm-9.00pm
Read more about learning how to needle felt a flower fairy with sheep’s wool fibres. Venue: 63 Crowhill Road, G64 1QY, Glasgow/ Bishopbriggs
Connect to nature and create with wool fibres- half day workshop
Please ask for the next date. Venue: 63 Crowhill Road, G64 1QY, Glasgow/Bishopbriggs
For hand spinning workshops or one to one tuition please get in touch.
What workshop participants have said:
- R: “Wonderful experience-very knowledgeable. Would come back for more workshops and highly recommended.”
- G: “Enjoyed learning the basics of felting. I am hooked
- N: “Had a lovely time. Made a picture and a ladybird. “
- A: “Had a great time. Great learning experience for my daughter and myself. My daughter made a pond with some ducks and a rabbit and I made a dog.”
- S: “Great workshop, really enjoyed it and managed to produce a finished item. Great, thank you,”
- H: “Lovely workshop with a welcoming atmosphere. A therapeutic activity. Thanks.”
- N: “Fantastic relaxing workshop, very warm and welcoming!”
- G: “Thanks for yesterday’s workshop. I had a great time. Lovely ginger tea and fantastic cake! But most of all your teachings and patience was very much appreciated and that I got to take home my bespoke glasses case was just the added bonus. Many thanks for a great time.” 😊