Get creative with colourful and natural wool fibers!
Laryna’s felt workshops, events and fiber craft demonstrations
Would you like to learn felt making? Felt making is fun, relaxing, creative and confidence building, plus can give you extra assets for your work and home life. It is a craft for all ages!
Originally trained as a hand weaver and art therapist. I have 28 years of experience teaching individuals and groups of all ages and skill levels in fiber craft and art in workshops, classes, on craft fairs, in community gardens, at open days, at family days, birthday parties, holiday workshops, in home schooling, and in schools. If you want to invite me to run a workshop, or teach felt making or spinning, tailored to your and your groups needs, please get in touch. I am happy to discuss the requirements for one workshop or a series of sessions.
You can book my service for events indoors and outdoors. For details of regular workshops and one-off felt workshops in and around Glasgow and beyond, please see below or get in touch.
Fortnightly needle felt workshops 10.00 – 11.30am in Glasgow/Bishopbriggs: Wednesday, 16. & 30.May and 13. & 27. June and 11. & 25. July and 22.August 2018
Sessions can be booked separately. Children 7+ years are welcome during school holidays. Read more about these workshops.
Venue: 63 Crowhill Road, G64 1QY, Glasgow/Bishopbriggs
Create a seamless pouch – half day wet felt workshop, Saturday, 18. August 2018, 1.30-5.00pm
Read more about this great opportunity to learn how to create a seamless felt item. Venue: 63 Crowhill Road, G64 1QY, Glasgow/ Bishopbriggs
Create a flower fairy or other three dimensional object-beginners and intermediate needle felt workshop, Thursday. 05. July 2018, 10.30am-1.30pm
Read more about this needle felt workshop. Venue: 63 Crowhill Road, G64 1QY, Glasgow/Bishopbriggs
Beginners wet felt workshop on Thursday, 30. June 2018, 10.30-1.00p
Read more about learning how to felt with sheep’s wool fibres. Venue: 63 Crowhill Road, G64 1QY, Glasgow/ Bishopbriggs
Create a wet felted landscape picture and add needle felted features. Felt workshop on Saturday, 14.July 2018, 10.00am-3.00pm
Read more about this new addition to Laryna’s felt workshops in Glasgow/ Bishopbriggs, 63 Crowhill Road, G64 1QY.
For hand spinning workshops or one to one tuition please get in touch.
What workshop participants have said:
- B: I’m learning both needle felting and wet felting with Laryna. I’m thoroughly enjoying the different processes and aim to learn how to combine the techniques. Very creative craft and once learned and mastered, you’ll only be limited by your own imagination. Highly recommended. 🙂
- J: I’ve done two classes now with Laryna and they were both great. Laryna’s teaching is clear and fun, and the class is totally hands on and there are loads of colourful wools to choose from. The second class involved making a seamless felt pouch for my mobile phone, and it turned out perfectly, much to my astonishment! I’m planning to go back for another class soon!
- R: Great experience-very knowledgeable. Would come back for more workshops and highly recommended.
- C: That is definitely the way to spend a relaxing morning. Always nice to spend time with fellow felters.” Participant in the Wednesday morning needle felt class.
- S: It was great to be back, I enjoyed it so much and it was lovely to see old crafty friends and new people as well.” Participant in the Wednesday morning needle felt class.
- G: Enjoyed learning the basics of felting. I am hooked.
- N: Had a lovely time. Made a picture and a ladybird.
- A: Had a great time. Great learning experience for my daughter and myself. My daughter made a pond with some ducks and a rabbit and I made a dog.
- S: Great workshop, really enjoyed it and managed to produce a finished item. Great, thank you!
- H: Lovely workshop with a welcoming atmosphere. A therapeutic activity. Thanks.
- N: Fantastic relaxing workshop, very warm and welcoming!
- G: Thanks for yesterday’s workshop. I had a great time. Lovely ginger tea and fantastic cake! But most of all your teachings and patience was very much appreciated and that I got to take home my bespoke glasses case was just the added bonus. Many thanks for a great time. 😊